Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A man, a plan, a canal...something else...

I have a plan.

Hear me out.

This plan is based on various "24 hour theatre" or "Make an album in a month" contests, and the fact that I want to start having a stronger output of creative ventures. Here it goes: Every third week of a month, for the next I-don't-know-how-many months, I'm going to write a short story, or other creative project of at least 15 pages, and of discernible quality (hopefully). The tentative schedule goes something like:

Day 1: Concept and initial outlining/writing
Days 2-4: Writing; and I mean a lot of writing, uncensored writing, too. Hopefully eclipsing the 15-page limit
Day 5: Edit and clean up.
Day 6: Rewrite some more, mesh story together coherently
Day 7: Finishing touches, and submit it to this (or possibly a new) blog. Tell people to read it. Profit.

A couple of reasons for this: I want to build up any ability I may or may not have right now, and I need a reason and a plan to begin putting out a lot of material. A week is no amount of time to write anything good, not really, so thus there's no pressure. These won't be masterpieces, hell, they probably won't be that good at all, but it doesn't matter; I've only had a week to work on them.

Why am I posting this here? Well, to put some kind of pressure for me to actually do this, even though there are maybe six people who've read this thing at all, the fact that it's out there gives me reason to do it. Also, I'm putting it out as a challenge to those six people to take up. Join me in this little project. It should be fun, and you creative types could easily take it up.




More on this later.

1 Comments:

Blogger cmonies said...

I might do this. It sounds more plausible then my "finish it in three days it doesn't fucking matter" short story clause.

I might try and do this shit every week, though, as I desperately want to get more of my writing actually done.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home